In order to satisfy planning conditions a Phase II Geoenvironmental Assessment was undertaken on the site of a former farm, which was earmarked for residential development (sixteen houses). Beech Consultants were commissioned to undertake the following works:
- An intrusive investigation of the site required both boreholes (for assessment of shallow mining activities and geotechnical in-situ/ex-situ testing), and trial pits for a contamination assessment,
- A Material management Plan was established due to the various stockpiles of material at the site following demolition of the farm and general site clearance works.
- Groundwater and ground gas monitoring points were installed to allow measurements to be taken for the design of suitable gas mitigation measures where required.
- Phase II Geoenvironmental Assessment Report for submission to the Local Authority,
- Preliminary design of ground gas mitigation measures.