Beech Consultants (BC) were commissioned to complete the surrender of the license for a former landfill back to the Environment Agency (EA). A previous application submitted by another consultant had been withdrawn at the request of the Agency and a second application was to be established and presented to the EA by BC. The commission required the following works to be completed:
- Meetings and agreements with the EA to agree the work scope of the new surrender document,
- Drilling of additional boreholes, to supplement existing monitoring points, were established at the former landfill site,
- Two years additional ground gas and groundwater monitoring completed to supplement the previous application information,
- Sampling of on and off-site additional surface water bodies,
- The revised surrender document was started afresh and required all previous information to be reviewed, the new monitoring data analysed and a new application presented.
- The surrender document was submitted to the EA in January 2014 and is awaiting review and sign-off by the Agency.